How You can Help
Locally owned small businesses are the backbone of the nation’s economy and you can help them to keep their doors open. You can help support your local small businesses who may be experiencing slow traffic, low sales, and even the prospect of having to close their doors. Spread the word about your favorite small business on social media. Buy from local, independently-owned businesses. Write a review for them on their Facebook Fan Page, Yelp or Google. Buy gifts cards to use in the future. Contribute and do what you can to support them!
Resources for entrepreneurs
Please find below resources providing guidance and information for small businesses and entrepreneurs during the coronavirus pandemic. Many of these resources are updated frequently, so check them often.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief (IRS-Internal Revenue Service) The IRS coronavirus information page.
- The Paycheck Protection Program prioritizes millions of Americans employed by small businesses by authorizing up to $349 billion toward job retention and certain other expenses. If you maintain your workforce, SBA will forgive the portion of the loan proceeds that are used to cover the first 8 weeks of payroll and certain other expenses following loan origination.
- Kiva’s Response to COVID-19 – FAQs (Kiva) Information for lenders and borrowers.
- Facebook Grants for Small Businesses (Facebook) Will help with workforce, operations, rent, marketing.
- Small Business Loans (Small Business Administration) SBA’s small business loan matching program.
- SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (Small Business Administration) Disaster Loan Assistance for those small businesses affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- American Express Working Capital (American Express) Loans to pay US-based Vendors (only for American Express customers).
- Venturize (Small Business Majority):
- Match Finder
CDC – About Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
The World Health Organization (WHO) [En Español] is the leading international public health organization. They direct global health responses and offer resources on COVID-19.